Friday, December 21, 2007

Snow, glorious snow!

Welcome to my 100th post!
We've had quite a bit of snow over here. The guys had a good day at Fernie on Tuesday, although they spent the morning in near white-out conditions. They went their own way quite early on as Will wasn't overly comfortable in such poor visibility. He had ice freezing to the outside of his goggles. It improved a lot in the afternoon however. Lorenza & I dropped them off in the morning, had a nice day in the town, then picked them up in the afternoon. Each Christmas Jon & Lorenza have a tradition of watching old festive movies, so that night we watched Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas' which was very enjoyable.
Wednesday was an active day, Will & I tried cross-country skiing in the morning. I really enjoyed it, it was incredibly scenic & very peaceful. We only saw a few other people out on the trail. The only bit I wasn't as fussed on was the downhill bits, although for the 2 bigger hills there were bypasses you could take to avoid them. We came across the very cute squirrel below.
In the afternoon we built a snowman. I managed most of it by myself, but needed Will to give me a hand when the big bottom snowball got too heavy to roll by myself. It then took all 4 of us to get the other 2 snowballs on top. While I was making Frosty, Will was busy shovelling a path through the snow from the house to the road out back. He did a very good job of it too. After the snowman was complete we came inside & watched 'The Snowman', one of Jon's all-time favourite movies. After the movie we went for an hour & a half night walk in the snow which was lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home