Wednesday, December 12, 2007

1 day of school to go...

Am counting down till the holidays, we fly Saturday morning. I'm getting excited, there has been loads of snow in Canada...


It's been a busy social time of late, with things on most nights. Friday night we went for dinner at Ben & Anna's. Ben used to work with Will at the university. They cooked Mexican which is up there with my all-time favourite foods, so I was happy!

Saturday morning I had my boys' rugby in the pouring rain. The weather was pretty atrocious over the weekend, really wet & wild. The rest of the day was spent pottering around, doing a bit of housework, a bit of schoolwork, & watching LOTS of rugby... It was a Heineken cup weekend & Sky was showing 4 live games back-to-back. It was pretty much solid rugby from midday to about 9pm! Don't worry, I didn't watch it all... I was meant to have an away match on Sunday against Old Cats which is a Surrey based team, but it was cancelled due to water-logged pitches. It was great being able to have a nice lie-in & a bonus free day.


Sunday night we drove into London to watch Crowded House play Wembley Arena. They were brilliant, they put on a fantastic show. They played for a full 2 & a half hours, & did a really nice mix of everything you would expect from them, as well as a few songs from their new album. It was bassist Nick Seymour's birthday as well which added to the sense of occasion. At times it was just like a huge karaoke party with the whole venue singing along... They took requests from the audience, & one of the highlights was a gorgeous rendition of the Hunters & Collectors 'Throw your arms around me'. With so many kiwis in the one place it was almost inevitable that I'd run into someone I knew. Sure enough, walking back to the car I heard someone calling my name & it was Scott Atherton from Hamilton. He's been over here even longer than me & we catch up every now & then.

Last night was 'all you can eat' Chinese as an end of season do for the staff at school who coach rugby. It was 8 blokes & myself, & I stopped eating long before the guys. It almost became a contest as to who could keep going the longest... It was really really good food.

Tonight is a break from festivities, although today I did have a pub lunch at our local with the science department. I'm an honorary member due to teaching a form 1 physics class. Tomorrow is very busy. We teach in the morning then have games in the afternoon as usual. We then have a final headmasters assembly (yawn!) followed by Christmas dinner with the kids. It's then straight over to the chapel for a candle-lit carol service, after which is a big knees-up in the common room to celebrate the end of term. Next time you here from me I'll be on holiday. Yay!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home