Sunday, May 24, 2009

Half-term

Again, it's been a while since the last post, so apologies for that. Its been a pretty busy couple of weeks!
Last weekend I had a formal dinner at the rugby club which was loads of fun. It's the first time the ladies team have been invited, & we certainly made our mark! It helped that the club captain ended up buying our ladies table 5 bottles of champagne during the course of the evening... That, along with the 4 bottles of wine already on the table for dinner, meant the evening was a lot of fun! My lovely husband picked me up at around midnight, but I stayed long enough to witness some of the guys strip off & do some naked laps of the pitch! What is it about rugby players & nudity??!
School has been pretty busy of late, & I can't quite believe how quickly the weeks are going by. Today was speech day at school. This starts with a Chapel service at 11am, followed by the prize-giving ceremony in a big marquee on the headmaster's lawn. The guest of honour this year was the 8th Duke of Montrose who is a peer in the House of Lords. We then have a buffet lunch, followed by the CCF (cadet force) enacting a mock battle on south terrace. It's quite sad in some ways thinking that I've had my last Bearwood College speech day...
I'm now on half-term for a week, but have loads to do in that time. I have my final school reports to write, I need to do a bit of work on Will's house to get it ready to go on the market, & I also need to think about organising a removal company for mid July (when we leave for Africa on July 15th we also need to leave our school property, so will ship everything out in a container). I want to do some planning for the Africa trip, make it to the gym quite a bit, & also watch season two of 24 which I've borrowed off a friend. Hopefully it is all possible in a week! A bit of R&R would also be nice, but I'm not too sure that is going to happen!
Will is away this weekend at a stag do in Cambridge so I have the house to myself. Tonight I'm off to Claire's place for a combined birthday/housewarming party.
Am delighted that the Chiefs have made their first ever super-14 final! I got home from speech day in time to catch the second half of the Crusaders/Bulls games. Unfortunately the Chiefs are off to Pretoria for the final which is bit of a shame. It's going to be a tough ask, the Bulls looked pretty good, & they also have the altitude to contend with. Here's hoping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home