Monday, April 24, 2006

Back to the Grindstone...

Gidday,

It's been a while since the last posting I know, but time is suddenly in short supply once again now that I'm back at school! I've survived the first week, although in saying that, I was in for a couple of hours of in-service training on Tuesday & the kids weren't back till Wednesday. Despite being a short week I was still totally knackered by the end of it! I arrived back to the sad news that the father of the house-mistress of my boarding house suddenly passed away at the end of the holiday. She was signed off work for the whole of the first week, meaning I've had to run the boarding house. It has been fine, we've got a great bunch of girls in the house, but it isn't a job I would want to take on full-time!

5 weeks till half-term & counting... Yes I really do live from holiday to holiday! Mum & dad leave on the first Sunday of half-term, then on the Monday I'm off to the Lake district for the week. We've booked a bunkhouse that sleeps something like 20, & a decent group from school plus other assorted friends are going. Should be great fun... Lots of good walking during the day, then lots of cards, drinking etc during the evenings. I've finally made some plans for Summer as well. I've got a few days of walking in north Wales with a guy from St Peters I keep in touch with, then 6 nights on the Isle of Skye (Scotland) with Rich & Steve. Skye is meant to have some of the best walking in the UK, so that should be a great trip. I then have a week or so at home before the main event... I've booked a flight into Ljubljana (Slovenia) & then 4 weeks later have a flight returning home from Skopje (Macedonia). The plan is to spend the 4 weeks travelling down the Adriatic coast, taking in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Yugoslavia, Albania & Macedonia. I'm looking forward to it already! Only 11 weeks to go... Then I have another couple of weeks at home to finish the holiday. During that time is the Reading festival, & I've managed to get some tickets for the Friday. Franz Ferdinand & Kaiser Chiefs are headlining, so it should rock!!!

Not much other news to report... Some of you are still complaining that I write far too much, & have requested more photos! What I'll do is start posting a few pics from some of my travels pre-blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home