Wednesday, November 21, 2007

God Save the Queen

Apparently today was the 60th Wedding anniversary of the Queen. Good on ya Lizzie and Phil! We sang 'God Save the Queen' in chapel this morning in recognition. I've lost count of how many times I've sung it over the last 5 and a half years! I almost know it better than the kiwi anthem!!!The Pigeon Detectives gig last night was awesome, we had a great time. We started with dinner at 'Sweeney Todd's pie shop' which is a Reading institution. It serves tasty home-cooked food at very good prices. There is no menu as such, a little old lady who appears to have worked there all her life comes around & tells you what pies they have left that night, then you just choose what veg you want to go with it. Will had a venison & wild boar pie, whereas I had rump steak & stilton.



The first support act was a band called 'Wallbirds' who were a kind of indie rock outfit with a distinctive folk/country bent! They were loud, manic, but very good fun. Next up was 'One night only' who were OK. Their single 'you & me' was very good & will probably be quite big, but other than that they were a bit dull.



The Pigeon Detectives rocked!!! They were very very good. Their front man Matt Bowman was an utter maniac with no regard at all for his personal safety! He was leaping & jumping all round the stage all night with a boundless energy. He jumped into the crowd at one stage for a spot of crowd-surfing, then when he was eventually hauled back up to the stage by the bouncers he complained that someone had punched him. He also had no regard for his microphone... He was twirling it around all night & throwing it high into the air & trying to catch it, which to his credit he probably did more often than not. It was great not having to go into London for the gig... Will drove into Reading, we parked a few minutes away from the venue, then after the show we were home in 10 minutes.

Not much other news from me... The rest of my week is quite busy. I've got rugby training tomorrow night, duty in the girls' boarding house Thursday night, then duty in Blake, the boys' boarding house on Friday night. It's my only Blake duty for the whole half-term so I guess I can't really complain... Saturday night I'm out for dinner in Reading for Kate's birthday while Will desserts me for the weekend (again!) to go to a korfball tournament in Birmingham. Sunday my rugby team have a home match against Richmond, then by that stage there will only be 2 & a half weeks until Christmas holidays! Canada here we come!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home