Thursday, April 27, 2006

Africa Photos

Hello all, as promised I'll start posting a few photos from my adventures before I had my blog up & running, starting with my trip to Africa last July/August. It was a 6 week overland trip on an expedition truck, taking in Kenya, Uganda, The Congo (for gorilla trekking), Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia & Zimbabwe.


Me in front of a 200-odd kg silverback! It was very VERY scary having my back to it... Here are a couple more of the gorillas. They really are the most beautiful creatures, we were allowed 1 hour in close proximity to them & it was just amazing, not something I am ever likely to forget... It was well worth the several hours of seriously hard trekking we had to endure in order to find them!

The animals are one of the reasons I love Africa so much, & the safaris we did in the Ngorongoro Crater & Serengetti were also pretty unforgettable... More pics to follow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home